Thursday, November 18, 2010

Halloween birthday cake and...

... my first cake disaster!!! I have not been blogging for a while - Just been busy with drs, housework (yucks) and party-planning for the holidays! I did my 1st Halloween cake, which was also a birthday cake. My dr's only requirement was "scary" and so I baked some witch fingers for a test-run...like it a lot and voila - here is my halloween birthday cake.
 Everything else was made of fondant and the spider webs were piped with royal icing.

And my first cake disaster pic...sigh. It was supposed to be a 2 tiers cake decorated with calla lilies. It wasn't for anyone....just for my cake class but did want to bring it to my friend's Halloween party that night. Oh well, learnt something new from this disaster...but I did managed to salvage the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment